8.25.2014

A New Woman in Red Painting



sold
I took a break from my commissions (while waiting for my canvas to arrive) and painted this one. It's been a while since I've done a figure with the palette knife loose work. Felt good to free up and express my feelings with paint. I think I need some art therapy these days… 
I asked my friends on Facebook for help with a name and Amira came up with the one I used, "Forgotten Rose". There were so many great suggestions! Thank you all! I was pleasantly surprised that this one sold in two hours after posting it! I really need to do more of these…and larger. This one was an 11x14 which is my go to size but I know many of you want a larger statement piece. Look for some in the future or, if you can't wait, commission me! 

Jen

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Wow, this is a beauty. She looks very French to me! My eyes get bleary these days, but is that a lovely lace scarf upon which the rose bouquet sits? It has an ethereal, light-filled quality to it. Great job, Jennifer!

Jen Beaudet said...

Thank you Vicki! Yes, that's lace on the table:) Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen

NEW Website!

Modern Impressionist Field of Flowers

  Available here New art available on my website! I love flowers and I'm not sure what these would be but I hope you enjoy it! This was ...