2.26.2013

Bather


sold

I just finished this painting for the weekly challenge on DPW. Carol Marine supplied this wonderful photograph which has inspired me to do some more like this. I found out that my mom has a wash bowl and pitcher very similar to this one. I'm going to have my mom and my daughter pose for me. My daughter is coming home on Spring break soon so hopefully I can get her to do that for me. 

I'm working on a large 18x36 canvas right now and it's coming along ok. I'm not use to this large so I have to remind myself that it takes time to finish something of this size. It's lavender fields, which I love. 

Have a great week!

Jennifer:)



9 comments:

Jeanette Jobson said...

Fabulous painting Jennifer, I can see why the image appealed to you.

Thanks so much for joining my blog, its great to meet another very talented artist!

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

IHi jennifer,
I love this painting ..... I think that it's one of my favourites of yours. Such a lovely subject and such beautiful colours.
Bet you can't wait for Spring break to see your daughter. XXXX

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

IHi jennifer,
I love this painting ..... I think that it's one of my favourites of yours. Such a lovely subject and such beautiful colours.
Bet you can't wait for Spring break to see your daughter. XXXX

R's Rue said...

Beautiful! You are very talented!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Jen Beaudet said...

Thank you for all your comments!

schulmanart said...

this is really lovely!

Lisa Graham said...

Jennifer...this is so pretty...so elegant...so feminine.

Vicki said...

Jennifer! This is a really, really good painting; oh my gosh, it's shades of Mary Cassatt or Renoir or any of those Impressionists IMHO. Bravo!

Jen Beaudet said...

Thank you Vicki! Such a NICE compliment! You know, Renoir is one of my favs and I also love Mary Cassatt's work too! I really need to read more about her life.

NEW Website!

Modern Impressionist Field of Flowers

  Available here New art available on my website! I love flowers and I'm not sure what these would be but I hope you enjoy it! This was ...