8.18.2012

Maui Upcountry!



Upcountry in Bloom
by Jen Beaudet Z from California 


I've reworked this painting of Maui Upcountry. I simplified it and changed the green so it leaned more yellow. I also changed the sky. I think it's all more calming now. Thanks so much
for all your comments and support!

I am a little obsessed with Hawaii and I think it shows in my art. This piece was inspired by David Schoonover's beautiful photo of Maui. When I was there the jacarandas weren't blooming like this! 






6 comments:

Susan said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Jennifer. Love the colors----everything. Fabulous. Susan

Jen Beaudet said...

Thank you, Susan! I think the colors work better than what I had before. I just finished some pink roses but I think I might do another one of these. I just love the purple trees and everyone else seems to as well!

Vintage Home said...

wow this is wonderful...as soon as I saw it I was drawn to the sky...Love the movement in the whole picture!...and yet it still feels like it would be a calm soothing place to be!

Jen Beaudet said...

Thanks Colleen! I love the sky in Hawaii. It's just one of the magical things there. I'm glad you can see what I was trying to achieve. I wanted there to be movement and emotion but at the same time evoke a soothing feeling.

Suz said...

Your paintings are wonderfully beautiful.

Jen Beaudet said...

Thanks so much for visiting! I'm so happy you found something you like here!

NEW Website!

Modern Impressionist Field of Flowers

  Available here New art available on my website! I love flowers and I'm not sure what these would be but I hope you enjoy it! This was ...